Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

How do I appeal county board decisions?

You may appeal a decision of BOPTA to the Magistrate Division of the Oregon Tax Court by filing a written complaint. The assessor may also appeal the board’s decision. Standard cases require a $50 filing fee and are not limited by value. You may represent yourself or be represented by an Oregon-licensed attorney, appraiser, or real estate broker, or by a person duly qualified to practice public accountancy in Oregon. Your employee who regularly does your tax work may also represent you. Complaints must be filed with the Magistrate Division within 30 days (not one month), after the board’s order is mailed to you. To get appeal forms write to: Clerk, Oregon Tax Court, Magistrate Division, 1163 State Street, Salem OR 97301. You can also order forms by calling 503.986.5650 or by calling your county assessor.

Back to top