Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

I sold my business, but you sent me a request to file a Return. What do I do with it?

You need to notify our office regarding the sale. Complete the section of the form pertaining to a sold business and the Taxpayer’s Declaration and mail the return to us. We will send a new form to the new owner. If you choose to give your form and asset list to the new owner to file, you must still notify us of the sale. You cannot assume that the new owner will file the form. If you sold your business after January 1, you are responsible for filing the return for that tax year. Provide the sales information as above and we will change our records to reflect the change of ownership for the next assessment date. The tax statement will be sent to the owner as of January 1.

Back to top